Everybody deserves to smile this Christmas!
The Little Ray of Giving campaign has begun and we have partnered with The Salvation Army, because everyone should receive a gift this Christmas.
Items can be dropped off at either our Sales Office in River Markets or our Rentals Office in Bli Bli Village Town Centre.
Together with The Salvation Army, we’ll make sure it gets to a deserving member of our community.
Tips & ideas from The Salvation Army
- Please consider giving gifts for a range of age groups, including teenagers and parents
- Donating gift vouchers means a parent or guardian can still share in the joy of buying a gift for their child or partner (they’re also ideal for teenagers)
- Please leave gifts unwrapped so parents or guardians can choose which gifts suit their child’s interest and personality (feel free to include wrapping paper or gift bags)
- What you donate may be the only present someone receives this Christmas, so please only donate new items (your local Salvos Store would gladly receive your good quality pre-loved items)
- Where appropriate please ensure items have long expiry dates and are non-perishable
- Including supermarket gift vouchers means the recipient can purchase their choice of fresh fruit, vegetables and meat
- Try to include brand name products, where possible, and add some special items to help the recipient celebrate on Christmas Day
- Try packing the food into a washing basket or shopping bag that can be reused by the recipient
- Consider providing food that will suit families with young children, people with allergies, the elderly or new Australians
The Salvation Army can only accept physical gift vouchers (not printed or electronic gift vouchers)
Popular gift vouchers include:
- Department stores such as Kmart, Big W, Target, Myer or David Jones
- JB HI-FI
- Event Cinemas or Hoyts
- Supermarkets such as Woolworths or Coles